HVAC Service Technicians (Richmond)
*If you see this ad we are still looking. Please read this ad thoroughly.
Who we need:
All experience levels are welcome. Plumbing and Electrical Techs that want to learn HVAC are welcome as well.
We take a different approach to our services in that we are looking for Technicians who are not in a hurry. We want Techs that want to be part of a friendly drama-free environment. We need Technicians who are willing to take the time to go the extra mile to perform great work, look a little more into something that seems odd, tell customers about things that could improve their situation. We’re looking for Techs that love working in HVAC and at the end of the each job, run-test the system to ensure it was all put back together correctly. And after all of that, take the time to talk about each step of the work performed with the customer.
What we have:
We’ve been in business since 1983. Our Techs stay busy year round. We provide tanks, torch, pumps, reclaimers, ladders, etc., all of the major stuff. Clean professional truck, uniforms, vacations, and health insurance. Aflac, dental, and family health is optional at discounted rates. We are dedicated to doing things right the first time, and we are never in a rush to do it!
Highest hourly rates in the business. Plus, everything including equipment sales are commissioned.
- Perfect driving record. (Not a driving record with positive points, our insurance company will not insure drivers who have multiple violations. Usually a minor speeding ticket or two is acceptable as long as they are not recent.)
- Drug free. (We drug test)
- CFC certified
- Basic hand tools. Meter, and other hand-held electronics.
- No visible tattoos on hands, neck, or face.
- No visible piercings.
- Any experience level is welcome, however you must be able to perform a diagnostic. It’s okay if you need to ask for technical help.
- Be thorough in the work you do.
- Interact with our customers and communicate professionally.
- Basic computer skills. (We are now using app. generated invoicing. Very simple to use and great if you have terrible handwriting)
- Properly invoice, and turn in paperwork.
- Navigation skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- During the Summer rush the hours are longer but reasonable. We never start a new job after 7pm.
- Be on-call every 3rd week through the three summer months and around every tenth the rest of the year.
- Answer your phone anytime.
- Be prepared to complete a drug test, background check, and credit check.
- Call the office to schedule an interview.
- Bring all relative certification documents.
- Bring a DMV driving record.
- Be prepared to fill out an application and take a quick 20-question test. (About 45 min.)
- Dress like a professional. (Like our customers will see you)
- Email us with questions.